Thursday, September 6, 2018

Okay, I am the first to admit that I am not the best about keeping up with a blog - I start a sewing blog and go nearly three years without a post, but I have been sewing here and there and I have a fall queue of projects, so I thought I'd try and at least blog the projects because it helps me keep record and helps me plan new projects.

I've started tracing a pattern and working on a muslin for this jacket by Gertie. I love her patterns and I have enough leftover from a dress I made from another of her patterns.

The lighting is terrible. Sorry for that, the fabric is actually navy with cherry red flowers, a lovely cotton sateen. It has a beautiful sheen, and it's from Mood Fabrics (sadly long out of stock, but you can see their picture here). It is a beautiful fabric and I love the dress. I lined it in a navy silk. I am sensitive to polyester, one reason I love making my own stuff.

This pattern was lovely and went off without a hitch. I did a muslin of the bodice and had to add a couple of inches to the waist length, but I was not surprised. I'm long-waisted and this is the first thing I do to most patterns. But I do usually make a muslin first, then add the length in the muslin before correcting the pattern.

I'm doing the jacket in a Cherry Red twill (which should be here sometime today! I want my fabric!), so I'm happy that I have this material for the lining.

I also have a cabled cardigan that is nearly done. The first sleeve is about an inch from being finished and then one more sleeve to go. It's just been really hard to pick up and knit on a heavy cardigan. It's September, but still hot and humid out.

Two things I really need to work on along with my sewing and knitting: 1) being a better blogger and 2) taking better pictures. Maybe I'll get someone to help me with a photo shoot wearing this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment